How It Works
Fringe Festival performances will take place at different theaters within two different geographical hubs, Uptown and Cedar-Riverside.
*The 2022 Minnesota Fringe is a 100% vaccinated Festival. This means everyone – the artists, the staff, the volunteers, and the audiences will be asked to show a completed vaccination card to participate.
Purchase a button
A Fringe button is your entry to the Minnesota Fringe Festival (and more*). Your one-time $5 button purchase is your Festival entry fee – wear your button proudly everywhere you go to make seeing shows easier. Fringe buttons can be purchased in person at Preview Shows on July 18, 25, and August 3. Buttons are also available at all Box Offices during
the Festival. Learn more about purchasing a buttons and tickets.
You’ll need your button and a ticket – and your vaxx card! – to see a show.
Descriptions of the different shows can be found here.
Visit the schedule page for shows by date and time.
The official post-show hangout destination throughout the festival, hosted by The Red Sea restaurant. Each night will feature an array of talent through cabaret, comedy, and contests. All events are free admission and open to the public. You can see the full schedule of events and details here. Line-up will include:
- DJ Solo: The Red Sea’s favorite Ethiopian DJ will provide house music and lead a dance party for attendees the first Saturday of the month.
- Blackout Improv: The all-Black improv troupe based in Minneapolis are former Fringe Festival favorites guaranteed to provide a mix of comedy, touching on social justice and arts access.
- Ali Sultan Presents: Nationally recognized Yemini stand-up comedian, writer, and podcast host of “Stories with My Muslim Mom.”
- Touring Artist Cabaret Showcase
- Fringe Trivia and Games Night
- Local Artist Cabaret Showcases
- Volunteer Appreciation / Karaoke Night
- Closing Night Party / Minnesota Fringe Festival Golden Lanyard Awards