July 26 – Aug 1, 2021
Annually, we celebrate the Water Tower Festival. Residents and visitors turn out en masse for this community get together. The festival commemorates the restoration of the city’s historic concrete water tower as a community landmark.
The annual hunt for the Water Tower Festival Medallion hunt begins Monday, July 26 at 7:00 am. Find the medallion and win $100 in Chamber bucks. The medallion will be on public land somewhere within the city limits of Pipestone. (***You do not need to dig, climb, or move any object to find the medallion***) If you find the medallion, bring it to the Pipestone Area Chamber of Commerce to claim your prize. Each day clues as to the location will be revealed. You can find them all right here, PipestoneStar.com, listen to KLOH radio, or check out the Pipestone Chamber of Commerce or Pipestone Star’s Facebook page.
Thursday, July 29 (Kids’ Night Downtown in front of Museum):
- 5:00 – 7:30 pm ~ Community Burger Feed Fundraiser sponsored by JBS – Pipestone. Burgers, Beans, Chips, Treat, & Pepsi products for $8.
- 5:00 – 8:00 pm ~ Pipestone Kiwanis Club Sno-Cone Fundraiser
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm ~ Registration for Kids Pedal Pull sponsored by C&B Operations (free)
- Ages 3 to 11. 3 year olds receive participation ribbon & a pop. Ages 4 to 11 get a can of pop and compete for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place.
- 6:00 pm ~ Kids Pedal Pull sponsored by C&B Operations (free)
- 7:15 pm (approximately) ~ Pipestone Jr. Ambassadors Contest sponsored by Pipestone Kiwanis Club
- following the Pedal Pull, two winners (1 boy & 1 girl) receive prizes and ride in Saturday’s Parade as the Junior Grand Marshals. Ages 5 to completed 5th Grade compete by answering fun questions about themselves and Pipestone. It’s FREE to enter. Child must reside in Pipestone County. Register your child by calling the Chamber at 825-3316.
Block Party Sponsors: Dar’s Pizza, Enviro-Pump Plus-Fricke Environmental Company, Fuller Paving, Hocking International Laboratories, Lange’s Cafe, Pepsi Cola Bottling Co. of Pipestone, & Truss Pros
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm ~ Community Dinner Fundraiser sponsored by Pipestone Holdings
- 5:00 pm – 12:45 am ~ Beer Garden Open
- 6:00 pm ~ Bean Bag Tourney
- $20 / team – Cash Prizes! Limited to 16 teams. Pre-register at Chamber 507-825-3316
- 9:00 pm – 1:00 am ~ FREE Street Dance
- ”Rewinder” will be performing the “Greatest Hits of the Cassette Era” in Historic Downtown Pipestone
- 10:00 am ~ Parade starting on the 500 block of West Main Street to Hiawatha Ave and ends at Hiawatha Ave & 5th Street SE/SW
- Parade Entries must pre-register with Chamber 507-825-3316. Click HERE for Parade Entry Form .
- 10:00 am – 3:00 pm (Awards at 2:00 pm) ~ Pipestone Cruizers’ Car Show with DJ Mylan Ray (West side of Courthouse on 2nd Ave SW – enter from South)
- DC Dyno & Performance Testing!!!
- Boy’s & Girl’s Bike Giveaway
- Power Wheels Kid’s Car Giveaway
- Over $1,500 in Cash Prizes awarded to registrant. $10 Per Vehicle Registration starts at 9:00 am (there’s no fee to come look at the cars!). Open to Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Tractors, & Rat Rods. No Bicycles or Golf Carts allowed in the show area.
- First 100 Entrants receive a Dash Plaque
- Tool Set awarded to all Class Winners
- All proceeds to be donated to charity
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm ~ Free Kids’ Inflatables sponsored by Bole-Mor Lanes, First Bank & Trust Kids-N-Coins Club, Hank’s Foods, Michelle Cheeseman State Farm Insurance Agency, Pipestone County Medical Center & Family Clinic Avera, and Pizza Ranch
- 11:00 am – 3:00 pm ~ “Paper Plains” interactive activity – Meinders Community Library/”We Are Water MN” event
- 11:30 am (approximately) ~ Groove Inc. Drumline performs Gridiron Groove by Big Tent sponsored by First Farmers & Merchants Bank and Lange’s Cafe
- 12:00 pm (approximately) ~ Parade Winners announced under Big Tent
- 12:00 – 3:00 pm ~ “Rainbow” the Unicorn and Petting Zoo. Get your photo with “Rainbow” for free! Sponsored by the George Alan Morgan Memorial and Anonymous Donors.
- 12:00 – 3:00 pm ~ Elizabeth Hunstad Duo under the Big Tent sponsored by Falls Landing Assisted Living and Pipestone County Medical Center & Family Clinic Avera
- 1:00 pm ~ Pipestone Fire Department “Water Fights” on the street in front of the Tank (3rd St SW in front of Courthouse)
- 10:30 am ~ Church Service on Courthouse Lawn. Open to all. Hosted by Cornerstone Free Church.
The Pipestone Area Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit community membership organization promoting commerce, tourism, agriculture, education, & professional interest in Pipestone. We also house the Pipestone CVB/Visitor’s Center for tourist information
See the Community Events Calendar for more information.