“Special Olympics Minnesota is helping to create a world that accepts and welcomes every single person regardless of ability or disability.”
The Polar Plunge is the biggest fundraiser for Special Olympics Minnesota. All funds raised by Plungers help Special Olympics Minnesota provide year-round training and services to thousands of athletes with intellectual disabilities across the state.
The Polar Plunge is presented by the Law Enforcement Torch Run, a movement of volunteers dedicated to increasing awareness and funds for Special Olympics Minnesota athletes across the state.
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
Fundraising is required to participate in the Polar Plunge, but the minimum of $75 makes a big-time impact—especially at times when we need it most!
STEP 1. REGISTER
– Set your fundraising goal. Fundraising is required to participate in the Polar Plunge, a minimum of $75. Make sure to check out this year’s cool incentives for each level.
– Ask your friends, family and co-workers to join your team. The bigger the team, the better!
STEP 2. FUNDRAISE
– We get it. Fundraising can be hard, and asking for money can be awkward. Luckily, you’re doing it for a great cause—and we have resources to make it easy!
– Donations can be made online. If you’re Plunging in-person, you can bring cash or check donations the day of your Plunge.
STEP 3. PLUNGE!
– When you arrive at your Plunge, make your first stop the welcome area. This is where you will check-in and pick up your incentives.
– Make your way to the changing tent 15-30 minutes before your Plunge time.
– After you Plunge, head back to the changing tent and get into some dry clothes, then share your accomplishments with your donors and friends on social media. Your fundraising page will be open through the end of the Plunge season to receive more donations.
STEP 4. BASK IN YOUR GENEROUS GLORY
Special Olympics Minnesota would not be able to serve individuals with intellectual disabilities without you. Your support means everything to us.