Did you know there is a Hiking and Passport Club? Now is the perfect time to join!
Grab your Minnesota State Park Passport and log each visit with a stamp at the visitor center. It’s a great way to keep track of the parks and recreation areas you’ve visited—plus, with space for notes on each page, it will be a cherished book of memories when you’re done!
The Hiking Club will challenge you to find hidden passwords along trails as you explore Minnesota’s woods, prairies, and wetlands. You’ll go past waterfalls, discover wildflowers, and maybe even spot some wildlife.
The Hiking and Passport clubs will help you discover new destinations and spend time outdoors in Minnesota, while earning rewards!
The Hiking Club will take you to 68 trails at state parks and recreation areas throughout Minnesota. You’ll go past waterfalls, through woods and prairie, discover wildflowers, and maybe even spot wildlife.
Buy your Hiking Club book to get started. You can purchase one for $14.95 plus tax at any state park Nature Store, or online . Currently, we are only shipping to Minnesota addresses. A flat shipping fee of $5.99 applies to purchases under $150.
- Choose your hike. The Hiking Club book includes detailed descriptions of the hikes at each park. Designated trails are marked with signs at the trailhead and along the way, so you stay on track.
- Find the password. Each Hiking Club trail has a unique password that you will find on a sign about halfway through your hike.
- Update your log. Write the password in your Hiking Club book, along with the park name and the distance you hiked.
- Get your rewards. Present your log at any state park office to get your patches and certificates for free nights of camping!
As a Passport Club member, your goal will be to visit each one of Minnesota’s state parks and recreation areas – from A to Z, Afton State Park to Zippel Bay State Park. You will get to see amazing scenery and discover something wonderful and new.
Buy your Passport Club book to get started. You can purchase one for $14.95 plus tax at any state park Nature Store, or online . Currently, we are only shipping to Minnesota addresses. A flat shipping fee of $5.99 applies to purchases under $150.
- Choose your destination. The Passport Club kit comes with a map and list of all the Minnesota state parks and recreation areas. Decide where you’ll get started!
- Get the stamp. Ask to have your passport stamped at the park office, or use the stamp at the entrance station or kiosk.
- Use your travel log. The kit includes a travel log for you to use to remember your journey. Jot down your favorite discoveries, favorite scenic views or waterfalls, and what you did during your visit.
- Get your rewards. You’ll receive a pin and a certificate for a free night of camping when you get 25 stamps. When you’ve collected the stamps for all of Minnesota’s state parks and recreation areas you’ll get another certificate for a free night of camping.
Looking for a stamp?
You’ll find the passport stamps for these parks in another location.
- Garden Island State Recreation Area
The stamp is available at Zippel Bay State Park.
- Greenleaf Lake State Recreation Area
The stamp is in an information kiosk in the parking area at the Minnesota DNR Area Office, 20596 Highway 7, Hutchinson, MN 55350. For help, call the area office, 320-234-2550, Ext. 3 Parks and Trails.
- La Salle Lake State Recreation Area
The stamp is available at Itasca State Park.
- Lake Vermilion-Soudan Underground Mine State Park
There are several options here. (The stamp is the same at each place.) At the Soudan Underground Mine, stamps are located at the front gate, inside and outside of the office, and at the counter. Stamps are also at the Lake Vermilion registration kiosk and the campground registration area.
- St. Croix Islands State Recreation Area
The stamp is available at William O’Brien State Park.
- John A. Latsch State Park
The stamp is available at Whitewater State Park.